Want to look great at the end of your KiyoClear treatment? It’s as easy as following a few simple guidelines.
- Wear your KiyoClear Aligners at least 22 hours per day.
- Wear your KiyoClear Expanders for 10 hours per day. We suggest putting them in right after dinner and keeping them in until you wake up in the morning.
- Wash your hands before touching your aligners and expanders.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions for wearing each aligner for the correct amount of time – usually three weeks – and adjusting your KiyoClear Expanders.
- Practice good oral hygiene (link to earlier blog). Regularly brushing and flossing your teeth will help ensure the best outcome.
- Clean your aligners and expanders with aligner cleaning tablets like Retainer Brite or brushing them with a soft toothbrush.
- Store your aligners and expanders in the case provided by your dentist. These cases have ventilation holes to make sure moisture does not get trapped causing bacteria to grow.
- Call your dentist if you lose your KiyoClear Aligner or KiyoClear Expander. It’s important to let the office know immediately so your treatment does not get off track.
- Enjoy your new smile!
- Don’t smoke, chew tobacco, or vape. Tobacco use has been shown to have a negative impact on oral health. It increases risk of gum disease and can impact bone remodeling. Yes, it is hard to quit, but totally worth it, especially if you want a healthy smile long term.
- Don’t drink anything except cool or room temperature water while you are wearing aligners and/or aligners and expanders. Hot liquids can deform the aligner material, making your aligners less effective, and anything except water can stain your aligners. This also applies to drinking beer, wine, and mixed drinks. Alcohol contains sugar. Small amounts can get trapped in your aligners and in addition to staining them, it is a recipe for tooth decay.
- Don’t eat while wearing your KiyoClear Aligners. Chewing forces can damage your aligners, plus it gets messy. Take out your aligners when you eat and be sure to brush your teeth before putting them back in.
- Don’t chew gum while wearing aligners. This can also damage the aligner material.
- Don’t store your aligners in a baggie or other container that will trap moisture and cause bacteria to grow.